A Supply Chain Management Company requires a dynamic and detailed focused Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant to fulfill the bookkeeping function for their business. Position available on the outskirts of Pietermaritzburg.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Finance or Business Management. Candidates with relevant experience also be considered.
- Excellent administrative and written skills.
- Approximately 5 years proven accounting or related experience.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Computer literate. Excel (pivot tables and V Lookup essential).
- Proficiency is Accpac an added advantage.
- Management of staff. (4)
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Produce the monthly management reports to agreed time scales.
- Inventory Control.
- Produce financial reports detailing actual expenditure against forecast to agreed timescales.
- Manage the budget and assist with coordinating the annual budget process.
- Manage the payroll system and ensure that payments are made to individuals, SARS, Provident Fund and Medical Aid Providers to set timetables.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated local tax and benefits registrations and requirements, including submissions of payments and reports (e.g. SARS).
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements relating to financial control, BBBEE, and any other regulatory body as required by the Organisation.
- Ensure appropriate external audit arrangements are in place and manage the audit process.
- HR – Liaison with the union and attend hearings at the CCMA if necessary.
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are produced on an accurate and timely basis to include bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors and inter-company account.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to finance policies, procedures and systems across all teams.
- Coordinating with external Auditors / Accountants, preparing audit files, and tax returns.
- Staff supervision.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Ensure that all financial records are accurate and timely for end of financial year audits.
- Assist with office projects from time to time.
- Comply with general office policies, procedures and all legal requirements.
- Undertake any other specific duties as required by the Financial Director.
Salary offered: Negotiable – experience related.
Kindly note – Should you have not heard back from us within 7 days’ of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.