Purpose of position:
- To manage H&S processes, thus ensuring KZN complies with the applicance laws, regulations, international standards and customer expectations.
- To provide the relevant statistics and reports weekly, monthly and for formal reviews.
- To ensure compliance across departments.
Main responsibilities:/key perfomance areas:
- Manage contractor H & S file.
- Updating all legal appointments as required when there are structural or leadership changes.
- Planning and distributing monthly SHE awareness talks.
- Annual tracking of evacuation drills.
- Purchasing of H&S consumables items (e.g. ear plugs, gloves, hair nets, beard snoods)
- Stock replenishment of first aid supplies in first aid boxes for all areas.
- Logging all IODs requiring medical treatment with COID and Dpt of Labour where relevant.
- Updating IOD graph (DIFR) tracking IOD investigations and follow up on actions arising from investigations.
- Initiating annual refresher training for forklift drivers, stackers, first aiders and updating certificates & licenses on file.
- A member of the H&S internal audit team-will be required to conduct some of the audits.
- Co-ordinate and participate in all Hazard analyses conducted at KZN.
- Report on top 10 HIRA scores.
- Track new machine risk assessment turnaround times.
- Arrange annual hygiene surveys for all high-risk areas identified by the HIRA process.
- Arrange annual and return to work medicals for all employees in high risk areas identified by the HIRA process.
To be considered for this position applicants must meet the following the following criteria:
- Matric certificate/Grade 12.
- A qualification in SHE (Health & Safety) management.
- Ideally 2-5 years’ experience in the FMCG industry.
- Strong Excel and leading reporting skills essential.