To ensure maximum utilization of production equipment through preventative and reactive maintenance and to ensure that the entire plant is maintained in order for the downtime to be minimized
Duties & Responsibilities
Scheduled and breakdown maintenance of the plant;
Ensuring that a daily plan for maintenance is put into place on the MMA system in order to prevent downtime in the mill.
• Ensure that the equipment and tools are kept in a good workable condition at all times by doing the schedule inspections and recording it in the registers.
• Ensure that the maintenance staff reporting into you are aware of the maintenance schedule and that they record all work conducted on the record sheets on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all breakdowns and materials used in the breakdown are recorded immediately when the job is done on the relevant job card.
• Ensure that breakdowns are attended too as soon as it occurs in order to prevent downtime and loss of production.
• On a daily basis conduct routine checks in the plant to identify potential problem areas, bottle necks and possible areas where contamination can occur. As soon as problem areas is identified, if necessary bring it to the attention of the relevant Management, then take corrective action immediately.
• Ensure optimum productivity of personnel reporting into you by monitoring the artisan utilisation score monthly against the set targets.
Adiminstration of the Maintenance budget:
Control the cost of maintenance and consumables within the specified budget approved.
• Ensure that the purchasing policies and procedures are adhered to when any purchases need to be made.
• Ensure that a monthly stock take is conducted and that all stock losses are recorded and brought to Management’s attention.
• Ensure that all modifications to the plant and any repairs that are outsourced are supported by accurate drawings and specs with every project.
Maintain good housekeeping in the production area and outside factory when conducting repairs and maintenance and ensure that the area you operate in is left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Maintain good housekeeping practises in the workshop at all times and ensure that all equipment and supplies are properly stored.
Health and safety;
Ensure adherence to Health, Safety and environment regulations and guidelines at all times.
Training and staff development;
In conjunction with HR agree on annual training and development plan for staff reporting to you.
• Ensure all staff reporting to you are aware of their responsibilities and duties.
• In conjunction with HR manage staff discipline and performance in accordance the Company code of discipline.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Matric (GR12 Certificate)
• Qualified fitter and turner
• Mechanical qualification, trade certificate
Possession of a valid code 08/EB drivers license
• Forklift licence
• 5 Years’ experience in a similar supervisory position
• Intermediate to advance knowledge of MS Excel
• Must be able to weld and do some rigging, sound knowledge of electrical systems and should have the ability to trouble shoot in the branch.