Key purpose of the position:
- The successful candidate will assist the mechanic in ensuring that the planned and unplanned maintenance is carried out effectively and does not hinder the production process whilst being in line with applicable legislation. Main a high level of safety, discipline and housekeeping in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Key performance areas:
- Assist mechanic wih scheduled and unscheduled services (replace and repair worn and defective parts, reassemble mechanical components, change filters and perform other routine mechanical tasks)
- Ability to analyse logistical information-to identity and solve logistical problems.
- Maintain a high level of safety, discipline and housekeeping in the workshop area and maintenance of plant.
- Compliance with mining, health, safety and environmental legislation in area of responsibility.
Qualifications & experince:
- Minimum qualifications- Matric and Artisan Trade completed.
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role.
- Ability to communicate in English (both written & verbal)
- Ability to communicate in IsiZulu advantageous.
- Driver’s licence.