An ambitious and goal orientated SALES REPRESENTATIVE is required at a FMCG company in the Pietermaritzburg area.
- Previous Sales experience working at an FMCG company with traceable references.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-ups.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Maintaining and submitting detailed weekly trip sheets
- Compiling and submitting non-conformance reports
- Establish and maintain a database of information about existing and potential clients.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback on sales gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Follow-up for collection of payment.
- Coordinate delivery of merchandise.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
- Monitor competitors.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Discuss special promotions with appropriate company staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary offered: Basic & Commission
Kindly note – Should you have not heard back from us within 7 days’ of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.